Viewports with rendered items

Razzman

VW2008 Architect - I am drawing a piece of sheet metal with 3 of the 4 sides turned up at 90 degrees. Pretty simple. In 2D this is a bit difficult to view since the opposing sides are turned up .75" and the third is 1". On another layer of the same drawing, I rendered the view and showed in in an isometric view. My thought was, on the original, 2D layer, to create a viewport to show the rendered image. It doesn't seem that easy or even possible. Can this even be accomplished?

Guest Frank Brault

Try this:

Create a design layer for each view set to the desired elevation view, then create design layer viewports(DLVP) referencing the model on each of the new design layers. Set the scale of each of the design layers as necessary and drag the DLVPs around to create the layout with all of the views.

This process is also quite easy with the Model View tool in the Visualization palette with layer links, if you have it.

hth,

Frank: Your suggestion is what I am trying to do, but here's what keeps happening: I have 2 - design layers. One is the 2D view (Top/Plan) and the second is 3D or Right Rear Iso.

It seems like the chosen elevation view for one design layer, affects the other, almost as a document default. If I set the elevation to Top/Plan for the 1st layer, the 2nd layer also changes to Top/Plan. Then I set the 2nd layer to Right Rear Iso, which I want, and go back to the first layer and it switches to Right Rear Iso. I can't even get to the Viewport trial

No Viewports, yet. I figured out the first problem. I had "Stacked Layers" check "yes", so I unchecked that option. Then, 2 Design Layers (#1-2D & #2-3D) to Create Viewport while layer #1 is active and Create on Layer: Layer #1 then on visible layers, I would only have one choice and that's Layer #2, click OK

Even though my Layer #2 elevation is set to Rear Right Iso, the Viewport on layer #1 views it as Top/Plan.

Your suggestion was to go to the other layer and reciprocate the above. When I do that I get an error message which looks like I am making a circular argument.

What I don't get is that when I am in the Create Viewport option box, all of the lower options for rendering are always grayed out. That's what I think is wrong