DTM- it is sending me insane - really strange lines coming off it

hello all, I have just made a DTM of a site i am working on. I had to go about it in a different way than normal as all i had to work with was a 2D topo with 2D crosses and height text. I ran a script which i found on this site ages ago which turns the height text into stake objects with height values, from this i can then create a site model. It all worked well as per usual until i tried to give the site some elevation colours.

basically there are a couple of thick bands which run off the screen to infinity.

I have tried the 'validate 3D data' which says i have duplicate points, i have gone through the data to delete these, but it still keeps saying there is duplicate data.

I am unsure if this is the cause of the problem. the 3D model looks fine, its just the 2D with coloured slopes which is not working.

the file is about 60MB and wont load onto the site, so i have added an image to help explain what i am on about

anyone have any ideas?????

Looks like you have a couple data point loci somewhere off the page. The 3D looks fine only because of the scale. Try SelectAll then Zoom way out until you see the offending objects. Then select and delete them. They could also be located within the Symbol group . Object count by Type is helpful in isolating artifacts.

i have tried looking for random data points off page that could be affecting it but there are none, besides when i select the data to use when generating the site model i only drag and select the height data that i can see in the centre of the page.

anyone else have any ideas?

i have even tried placing a polygon to edit the extent of the site model (as explained by Johnathan Pickup on his site) but this doesnt help either.

dont know what to do!

right, i have solved it, there were no bits of data lying off the screen and the height points i had were fine (validated fully). The funny line coming off the DTM do not show up in the viewport and do not print, so it looks like it is some bug of some kind or graphics glitch. will submit a bug report anyway.

thanks for the suggestions