Rotate a truss circle

XOP15

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me a way to rotate a truss circle. I create the truss circle in plan view, I want to be able to rotate the circle 90? so that I can see the circle in front view.

I did follow another thread that says to convert to lighting instrument, I select the circle, go to MODIFY, then go to CONVERT, I click on CONVERT TO INSTRUMENT, but it then get the message "only symbols can be converted to instruments. non symbols were not converted and have been selected" any ideas ???

HI MCH

Thanks for your reply, i seem to be doing exactly what you are saying but i still get the message "only symbols can be converted to instruments. non symbols were not converted and have been selected"

I am using the curved truss tool to create the circle. does this mean that i am not creating a symbol using the "curved truss tool"

fairly new to Vectorworks so forgive my ignorance

Running VW2008 Spotlight & renderworks,

Many thanks once again.

Assuming that 2008 is reasonably close to 12.5, I can offer:

draw your circle, look in the object info window, scroll down and check "draw 3D only", switch to side view, right click on circle, rotate, set your rotation angle. You should be good to go. In your case, you want 90 degrees, so Cntl L will flip it 90 degrees.

Bob Hunter

315 Design Solutions

Atlanta, Ga

Edited by BHunter