Worksheet Interface improvements

Bob Holtzmann

Question

I copied my comment from the General Discussion, since it should be on the wishlist. It's too late to be considered for the 2009 version, but here it goes:

I hope VW 2009 does something about that woefully outdated worksheet - like maybe allowing us to type inside the cell, similar to Excel or Numbers - its present interface is no better than AppleWorks. Actually worse, because at least AppleWorks has a toolbar with buttons, instead of VW's little triangle pulldown, with text alignment buried in the Format Cells.

Having a fully functional spreadsheet is what sets VectorWorks apart from other Cad programs, so it should be improved to make it a proud selling point.

5 answers to this question

I second that Bob. The worksheet functionality could be a lot better. Ive been having some issues with wrapping text (apparently is a VW2008 bug) and am also very frustrated that I cant get my row heights to match the amount of text thats in them. I cant fit my worksheets on my page because the amount of information in some of my fields is quite large and dictates the height of all the rows. This seems crazy to me as Im using A1 sheets and the information that is contained in my worksheets would fit onto just over half a page of A4 in excel.

Worksheet request from me would be,

??a tool bar (excel style) to allow easy editing

??a text wrap tool that works!

? individually adjustable row heights that work with wrapped text so that rows are as high as the body of text in them demands (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)

? the ability to put returns into record fields so that it is possible to make a list in a record rather not long line of words

? scalable worksheets on drawing

? the ability to export the information easily to other formats (excel, word, plain text . . .)

Would love to see these in the 09 release . . .

Thanks