7 WISHES VECTORWORKS 2009

lcda

Question

I am an expert user of VectorWorks ans user since MiniCad 3 and teacher of 2008

my whish list is simple

"new user friendly vectorworks"

1.- keyboard shortcuts improvements, the program has the same shortcuts since minicad 3 but shortcuts have no relation between them for example tool zone is ok but numbers must have only tools not modification tool and an relation for modificatin tool for example rotate an 3d rotate in the same key with opt for example , a very good idea is to use STANDARD INDUSTRY SHORT CUTS for example maya modo cinema uses the same short cuts so new users learn very fast

2.- better palette organization, attributes palete is confuse for new users, it can be anexed to info palete we don need that window any more, constrains pallete also can be added on mode tool bar new align palette color palette add an substract pallete on info can be useful, more graphic interface, see for example mac programs palettes are very friendly and new user will learn fast

3.-Better object creation and modification, isometric object creation, multiple view vindow, for 3d for example we can reextrude an extruded polygon with mouse with more points for modification on insometric view, like it always where a mesh, rotate tool in corners just like adobe illustrator and photoshop

4.-A better resoureces pallete window new users don't even imagine the millons of libraries inside the folders mabe a fast catalog view since resources pallete or a reorganized pallete with the new libraries optimized

5.- 3d selection tool had a fast way to view isometric views that 2008 does not have and with new apple keyboards is very complicated to switch to a 3d views fast

6.-an faster hyperrealistic render engine but maybe maxwell render export for start, its the only impotant cad that does not have the plug in

7.- subdivision technology for 2009 is very ambicious but maybe for 2010

thanks for the best industry solution cad

and thanks for reading this

Edited by xuxumatu xibalba xelex

12 answers to this question

Creo que intendo la major de la que dices, y le Standard Industry Shortcut e un Ganador, epsero que alguin te ascucha.

:)

That's enough of my badly spelt Spanish, so before i write something i didn't mean to . . . . .

Most of it gets my vote, especially the reference to 3D modeling software, Maya, C4D, etc. etc.

Edited by AndiACD

One thing you might be interested in, is the fact that in Mac OS X 10.4(Tiger) and Mac OS X 10.5(Leopard) it is possible to create your own Keyboard Shortcuts for both the Finder, Apple Programs and indeed any recent 3rd party Apps like Vectorworks.

i don't know how friendly VW 2008 is to this option, but if you're running VW on a Mac you might want to have a look at the "Keyboard & Mouse Preference Pane" click the "Shortcuts" tab, click the + sign and select VW in the list and start making shortcut combinations.

Be warned, if VW already has a shortcut allocated to a menu command, like something you don't use or a deep hidden command no ones ever heard of, your creation wont work.

i don't know if windows offers these possibilities, but, it should, by now anyway.

Chris, you're back. Where have you been?

I've felt a bit out of touch, not having VW2009. I can't wishlist things - they might already have been included!

Here's hoping that we move to VW2010 in September, if our finances permit...then I can start badgering the wishlist again...