Moving objects in 3D... is it me?

So I have been a user for years doing high end renderings and have always had problems trying to move items by corner or center points in an isometric view. I recall using solid works years ago and it was cake. Am I doing it all wrong? my snaps are all on and set to 3D, I did upload a plugin years ago that worked great but cannot find it now.

Peace,

JJ

A neat trick for making duplicate spaced 3D objects is to select the first one, duplicate it, and "Move 3D" the selected object. I recently did that for a rebar frame.

The drawing view really makes a difference when moving 3D objects. 2D Plan View is best for moving them along the ground plane. Front, Left, Right or Back Views are best for moving them up or down with the 2D cursor, or Move By Points. But moving along x,y,z coordinates simultaneously in the 3D view usually gets deceptive results. SketchUp always has that problem for me.

My guess is that you are using the standard move tool, there is a 3d move tool, it took me a while to figure it out, but that seems to do the trick. When using the 2d Selection tool, my 3d objects go wherever they want, irregardless of snaps, but the 3d Selection tool works like a charm.

I don't think you can grab 3d objects by the center... if someone has figured that out, I'd love to know...

Edited by mcobbs