Select - Filter?

After having worked on a set of drawings for weeks, I changed my mind. Instead of having point8-size font in my callouts I want point7, but all other text objects should stay point8. I also want to change marker style of all callouts created so far.

I am an AutoCad convert and if I remember correctly, there was filtering-select-function in ACAD. Now I wonder if we have something similar in VW as well, so that I can change all of my callout style at once?

Sorry I added some info to my signature.

I'm at work now so this is about VW2008.

I tried Custom Modification but strangely enough, I can change attributes of other objects (e.g. rectangles, lines) but not that of callouts. It did select 300+ callouts but changes I made (to marker-style) were not reflected at all even after I clicked OK. I couldn't find a way to change font size either, "text-size" in menu was grayed out while I was in Custom Modification dialogue box.

I made some progress.

Now I understand that after Custom Modification dialog box, the parameters not in property panel or attribute panel cannot be tweaked until you close those panels.

So I closed them and went to menu to change fonts and text size of callouts while they are being selected. That was understandable.

But I noticed those changes I made are not reflected outside of what I have open at hand. For example, if I make changes to callouts in VP, the cahnges are applied only to the ones in the VP I have it open. That's like 20 callouts, but I want to make changes to all 400 callouts in the other VPs. This is not the kind of behaviour I was expecting... or is this the way it is?

Custom Modification dialog box shows "objects that meet the criteria: 400". Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by takesh h

I'm not sure Custom Modification will work with all viewports. For this and others reasons, and I know this doesn't help you now, keep your annotations at a minimum in viewports. In my opinion, callouts should be in the design layer.

Just trying to help, but it doesn't look like you created a signature. Your info is good, click on the My Preferences link at the top of the page, choose My Profile. Scroll down and enter the info in the Signature box and it will be posted with every post you make.

I'm not sure Custom Modification will work with all viewports. For this and others reasons, and I know this doesn't help you now, keep your annotations at a minimum in viewports. In my opinion, callouts should be in the design layer.

Hmmm, so far I'm in love with Viewports, I'd like to get as much use as possible from them. But I'll try anything people suggest at least once.

Sorry Ray, but model information should be on design layers and annotations on sheet layers (per NCS).

Come to think of it, callouts can be on sheetlayers, yes. But dimensions are the easiest to handle when they are in VPs. I don't have to worry about scale of each VPs.

What setting are you people using for the scales of dimensions? I usually have something like three different scales on one sheet.

Just trying to help, but it doesn't look like you created a signature.

Oh yes I did, but after the first post I always ticked off "Add Signature" box. Just thought it's kind of redundant to have it in all of my posts. Maybe I shouldn't worry about that.