Momentary Command Keys?

One of my favorite Illustrator/Photoshop features is the ability to invoke the pan (hand) tool, simply by holding down the spacebar. Release the spacebar, previous tool comes back.

Using the Workspace Editor (much improved over MiniCAD), I can use the spacebar to invoke the pan tool, but I haven't found a way to make it go back to the previous tool without selecting said tool manually. I need the spacebar to work like a doorbell button, not a switch.

Anybody have any ideas?

That behavior simply isn't supported in the current version of VectorWorks. What's more, I don't believe that macro packages such as QuicKeys can support that either.

One thing you might consider is creating a command which switches you to the pan tool the first time you invoke it, and switches back the next time. This would be tricky to write, as you'd have to find someplace to store information about the current tool, but I think it might be possible in VectorScript.