Need a FAST machine spec for VW

I have no idea what "RAM overshadowing my CPU" means. I don't know how technical your friend is, but it sounds like a bit of misunderstood guess work to me.

I would go back to basics, check page file settings (revert to recommended settings), check if BIOS is reporting the RAM correctly and if possible do a RAM test to make sure all the RAM is working correctly and timing settings etc are correct.

Also double check that the RAM is compatible with your machine and other RAM that may already be present - looks like you may have swapped old out for new which is good.

Then check compatibility of suspect devices and drivers, especially the NVidia graphics card as this is a memory mapped device that will shadow a significant part of your RAM.

Google is your friend. Search "System/SYSTEM high cpu" and see if anyones posts look familiar.

Good day

Micheal, it is not just with VW it has to do with my system. but thanks for the help.

Ian, thanks for coming to have a look here see.

What I understood is that he meant I need a larger CPU to handle the increased RAM memory....Maybe the RAM and my Motherboard is not compatiable as I do not know if it is DDR333 or DDR400 and knowhere does it show me, both are Kingston tho.

Will do all the checks for compatability.

Forgot to add this last time and might be vital to solving this.

The two new RAM sticks are not identical in size, when slotted the on is shorter in height. Also the black parts are not the same make although both are Kingston. (NANYA and ELPIDA) Not sure if this will cuase a conflict.

Thank you for the tip as to what to look for in google search.

Never checked the Bios.

Keep Well All

There seems to be a problem with the System now, maybe a conflict, that there is to much RAM and the System tries and fix the problem.

In Task Manager there is a list of applications listed under Processes. Down at the Bottom you find System/SYSTEM with 236K mem usage. Normaly this runs at 0 and up to maybe 5 when opening app. It now at times run at 100%CPU and you are unable to do anything. This is so bad I can't ShutDown via Windows, but have to hold in the Power button on the PC.

This only happens when I have the new (4GB) RAM in.

So I have done some surfing on other forums and found it could be one of many things that cuase the SYSTEM to run at 100% CPU usage. One was battery related, anothe is fualty drivers.... but not one with the same symtoms as me which are RAM related.

Need to wait for the IT guy to come in as we are not allowed to fiddle around on our PC's. I will show my findings to him and that just might help norrowing it down.