Vectorworks not working with G4/OS 9.1

dgill

I have installed Vectorworks on a new Macintosh G4 running OS 9.1 and I have a problem with using the tools. When I draw a line I can not see anything happen until I finish and click. The line does not show up until after I have created the line. The same thing happens when I draw a circle nothing happens until I click where I think the circle should end then I see the circle. An dwhen I click on an existing line to select it nothing happens.

hello -

You need to read the postings under 'Video card woes'. There you will find some temporary fixes to your problem. Here is the text from one of the postings I made under that category, as well as a Nemetschek response.

d. s h a f f e r

a r c h i t e c t

Howdy -

Here's the latest...

I continue to have the problem discussed under the topic entitled 'Video Card Woes'. After much inquiry, and finger pointing between Apple and Nemetschek, I received this email from the Nemetschek Tech Support Manager. I called him and was assured that it IS indeed a Vectorworks issue, and that the 'engineering' department was working on it. He also told me that an interim solution (downloadable software fix) may be posted on the site soon, and that V9 (due 'shortly') will solve the 'Video Card Woes' problem.

I hope this helps.

d. s h a f f e r

a r c h i t e c t

Dear Nemetschek North America Customer:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have been getting a number of customers

having the same situation. Our Engineering dept is being made aware of this

problem and I will be contacting you shortly with a possible solution to the

problem.

If you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free

to contact us at (410) 290-5114 (tel) or (410) 290-8050 (fax) or

tech@nemetschek.net (e-mail).

Respectfully,