Ceiling grid tool

In previous versions of Architect, the Ceiling Grid tool was wonderful. Put in the grid... use the OI fields to fine tune the grid start point... perfect.

In 2008, those OI fields aren't there. There's no easy way to adjust the start point of the grid. The Ceiling Grid Tool places the start point (which is the intersection of grid lines) in the center of the space. However, 99 percent of the time, the center point of the space equals the center of a ceiling tile due to lighting layout.

Anyway, in previous versions, I put in my grid and with the OI fields, I simply would add 1/2 the dimension of the tile to each field and the grid would be set.

Now, with no fields to make these types of adjustments, I have to either place Loci or draw lines and Move / Offset to get the same result.

There may be something I'm missing... I sure hope so... Because not being able to quickly adjust the start point and having to perform 5 or 6 tasks makes the current Ceiling Grid Tool useless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Reopening the discussion.

I find it much more useful to be able to enter the distance I want the start point to move rather than grabbing. Moving from 12.5 to 2008 has made me wonder why that nice functionality is gone. Is it hiding?

And, as long as I am asking, is there anyway to convert a polygon into a ceiling grid?