Wacom also Cintiq 21ux Please!!!!

B.Balemi

Question

At present finding the tablet driver very useless indeed.

I have never really been a tablet fan but when in high detailing work its click click click.

After a week of this seriuos burnage in the tendons and I am a real shortcut key type of Guy.

I use multipule other programs that work seemlessly with Wacom technology. When designing I feel the using my hands is large part of the creative process with artistic presentation.

So my big thing is for Vworks to work with the body process with this as well.

Plus helping the strain thing so can change the way I draw from time to time will help significantly.

Corel and adobe are examples of programmers that are using this technology well.

I suggest some of you try the Wacom Cintiq 21ux it will blow you away with how it changes the way you work,but not yet with Vworks.

Interested in your thoughts.

Edited by B.Balemi

6 answers to this question

I cant get it to work quite simply.

The tracking of the pen is a serious problem for me on the cintiq 21ux.

I cannot get it to work it is offset.

Perhaps you do?

I have tried 2 different Wacom systems.

Why does it not intuiatively act as these other software manufacturers have got happening.

Thanks for the questions

Windows XP

All other Hi teck blah

My Apologies

I should be more specific when frustrated.

Vworks Architect 2008.

Open pgm for first time it tracks across pencil fine.

Open Menu tools and turn on Tablet it goes crappy.

turn it off and its crappy still and have to shut down pgm.

Why does it feel like the V works programmers do not sit down and think about the end users real life graphic artists.

2008 has consistantly been the worst yet except for version 9

at least we have more functions and gimics .

Pleaese stay with really intiuative functionality not 'with glitzy BIM illusion because the real world will never have a pgm outdo the human mind and its capabilty to be artistic.

I am off subject here now arnt I

Edited by B.Balemi

Hey B,

i fully appreciate your sentiment, NNA does seem to try to rest on it's laurels and one often gets the impression that as long as it works a bit it's OK, but, whilst i could complain for England, in this case i have never experienced any such problems.

Have you done all the usual checks? (i don't want to teach Gran to suck eggs, But . . ) Set up the Wacom preferences, installed updated Wacom drivers, etc. etc? What system are you using? Win or Mac(not biassed just different experiences can count for a lot)? Try it on a different machine, see if you get the same problems, who knows!

Unfortunately i've not used a Cintiq yet, but none of these problems popped up with 11.5.1, 12.5 or 2008 when i tested it with my Intuos

Sorry just noticed in earlier post you run XP, same options still apply though, maybe XP and Vista give different results . . . .

Edited by AndiACD