How to round off space tool area?

Sky

I am using the space tool as a way to label rooms. There is a nice feature which will also show the area of the space under additional data.

The area is rounded to the nearest thousandth of a square foot. I really have no reason for it to be that precise and would like to round it off to the nearest square foot of 1/10 of a square foot.

Is that possible?

What is described above is a workaround.

This is not the way it should be. Space objects should have an option to assign the precision just like a dimension object can so you can draw to a high precision but have dimension values displayed to the nearest desired unit. I sometimes like to display room dimensions to the nearest inch but I still need to be able to draw at a higher precision.

• 3 years later...

Is it still the case, in VW2012, that the only way to control dimension & area rounding is by changing the settings in Document Settings>Units?

It would be REALLY useful to be able to change this setting within the space object so that you could round off results without having to change the settings for the entire file.