Installation fails due to corrupt source zips on DVD? + SP3 corrupt zips

HP Sauce

Question

Bought VW2008 earlier in the week and it arrived today. Tried installing it many times, each time failing during extraction of Common3.zip. Error reads:-

Error extracting: Extras/Samples/etc etc

Never hangs on the exact same file, but always seems to be common3.zip.

Does anyone happen to know a way to fix this? I tried calling tech support but was on hold for over 30 minutes.

Win XP/VW 2008 DVD series A

Edited by highpass

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the help...

I tried copying the entire contents to my hard drive, same problem.

After speaking with tech support we managed to get it installed and working, although the installation still hung during Common3.zip and has missed a lot of libraries etc. Trying to manually add them now, no idea what exactly i've missed - suppose i'll find out during use.

Downloaded SP3, followed the instructions to the letter (ie using "extract all files" instead of manually dragging them out of the zip), and that too produces bad CRC checks - can't even begin installing it. I've tried using WinZip, and the built in Zip utility on more than one computer and they all result in bad CRCs... Surely it's something wrong with the source files?

How strange.

Update:

Used 7-zip to force extract the zipped files, and tried installing the update anyway. Update went through with only one hitch - Renderworks.dll

Program loads and runs fine.

------------

I'd like to know the cause of all this, as the boss will be quite against replacing AutoCAD in the office if Nemetschek is this unprofessional.

Guest jkelly

Do you have or know how to use an MD5 utility? I'd be curious to see if the zips are indeed bad. We can figure this out if you md5sum the zip files and post the resulting sums here, I can compare them with the source zips we have here at NNA.

Also, could you email me (don't post it here) your InstallerLog.txt from the failed installs? I'd just be curious to see them.

Guest jkelly

I checked the installer log, the issue you had (thankfully) does not seem to be affecting other updaters (errors are logged to our server).

This implies that it might have just been a bad download. Can you try just downloading the updater again? Thanks!

I'm having a same kind of issue: the SP3 installation fails. An error message appears during installation (88% finished) and a popup says that more information on failure can be seen on InstallerLog.txt, but root for the log does not exist nor the log file.

I've downloaded the sp3 zip file for several times on different days but I haven't solved the problem.