Window / Door openings in Structural Plans

I put my windows and doors on a class that gets turned off on the Structural plan VP, but then just get an "interrupted" wall at the window opening. What I want to achieve is 2 lines indicating wall faces below, and not just a blank area where window goes. Is there a way to play with PIO class parts classes to get what I want? Tried with sills but didn't work...

pls advise

thx

carpalmer

In the OIP for your door and window objects, make sure that you selec "Full break with caps" under "Breaks". This way, when you turn off the door and/or window classes, the wall breaks will have end caps. The one drawback of this, I think, is that these breaks will show up when you want to do a reflected ceiling plan, where of course you don't want to show them.

Would be nice if this was something you could override in a viewport. I also don't quite know whether WinDoor objects give you greater flexibility in this regard -- worth checking into.

The disadvantage of Pat's approach, if I understand it correctly, is that the jambs will still show up (thus capping the wall breaks), and that's information which is not really wanted on a structural plan.