Title Block Dilemma

I?m having an issue with my custom title block in VW 08. The link below shows a print screen of the same title block. The one on the left is in a border and the one on the right is just pasted next to it for comparison. Why am I getting a ?double? in my company logo?

This title block has worked for me in the past ? made it in 12.5 and have used it in 08 on different projects. I?ve deleted all borders and title blocks and their symbols in the file and started over. This is that recreation and as you can see, it still doesn?t work.

I do know that this has happened twice. The first time I had to refer to an earlier file and recorrect/update drawings. I?m not sure what caused it the first time.

The second time (this time) I made all the classes in the file ?Use at Creation.? After I hit ?Ok,? all my title blocks and borders were in a different typeface and size. I went back and unchecked the box, but it?s still not correct. This time I don?t want to lose all that work.

Please help!

Title Block Dilemma

zach

When you create the title block symbol, if you set the Pen Style, Pen Color or Line Style/Thickness to By Class, they will use the Attribute Palette settings given to the Drawing Border/Title Block.

For Text, if you set the Pen Style to By Class, the text will take on the text attributes (Font, Size and Style) of the drawing border. This will be whatever the active settings are when you insert the Border/Title Block. Pen Color will set the test to either the same as the border if by Class.

You will need to go back and edit the Title Block symbol and set the Pen Style setting for the text to something other than By Class and then reapply the Title Block Symbol (select the TB in the OIP, Click the Title Block... button and select the same one you have already chosen. This will force the Drawing Border to use the modified symbol.)

Your doubled text looks like it could be a class visibility problem. Could you have entered the text twice in two different classes?

Pat

I went into the title block symbol and reset everything to not take class attributes. I also checked for a duplicate text by showing everything - which all happened to be in '0' because I'm using AIA/NCS standards. Worked like a charm, thank you!

It's still curious that it decided to double the text instead of just change it's typeface. Here's a pic for you to see the 'fixed' TB. Thanks again

Title Block Fixed

zach