Upgrading MC7 towards VW, Belgium.

Hello,

Here's the problem :

We work MC7 (3 licenses). Why isn't it possible to upgrade only one license towards VW ?

Notice that we don't try to steal anything (for example upgrading the 3 packages while paying one). The reason is simple : softs are dongled, so even if we intended to do so, it would be impossible.

Our dealer in Belgium pushes the problem in the faraway America. So will you please explain us where is our misanderstanding of your sales policy?

Thanks a lot.

Francesco.

Francesco-

Have you tried contacting anyone at NNA directly? I can't tell you much myself about the particulars of our sales policies, particularly since you're in Belgium. I think that if you buy one of our five-license packs, you need to upgrade all five licenses together to get the discount. But three? Anyway, let me suggest that you contact our sales department directly. If I'm not mistaken, they can be reached at sales@nemetschek.net.

I'm glad you like our software enough to want to upgrade!

Caleb Strockbine

Engineer

Nemetschek NA

Many thanks, Caleb.

OK. Here in Belgium, they use to sell 3 keyed licences (Minicad 7 architecture). As I have understood, now we got more choice : there are 2 keyed VW licences available. Anyway, and I agree with the deal even if it would have been best to tell us about before choosing multiple licences, there's a way to UPg only one. You just give back two others. This is the point I cannot understand, that's all. I made the choice to trust this software for my (little) office and now we discover that administrative bug.

About Minicad itself, I do believe it's the best an architect can dream of (I think there are about 6 thousand licences by here).

So good afternoon.

Regards.

Francesco

quote:

Originally posted by arthur&l?on:

Hello,

Here's the problem :

We work MC7 (3 licenses). Why isn't it possible to upgrade only one license towards VW ?

Notice that we don't try to steal anything (for example upgrading the 3 packages while paying one). The reason is simple : softs are dongled, so even if we intended to do so, it would be impossible.

Our dealer in Belgium pushes the problem in the faraway America. So will you please explain us where is our misanderstanding of your sales policy?

Thanks a lot.

Francesco.

Hi, Francesco. I read your post a second time and I think I understand what you are asking. there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to upgrade just one license. What they will send is identical -- you'll get the install CD, the manuals/etc, but you'll only get one serial number. You'll then be able to actually install the program on as many machines as you want, but you'll be unable to have multiple users in the program at the same time.