vw2008 Object Info Shape Tab (handle selections)

On vw2008 I am having problems with the 9 handle selections on the Shape Tab under the Object Info Palette. I get different results whether I am editing a rectangle or a rectangle that is made into a group. As we all know the way this thing is meant to work is that when you select a handle the location of that corner or edge should not change when you edit the width or height data. Instead what happens is that the object is altered as if I had selected the center handle, and the width or height increases or decreases uniformly about the center handle. I know that is not how this is meant to work. If I take that same rectangle and define it as a group the object info handle selections work correctly. Has anyone else had this problem or is this just a rare bug?

Also, I am aware of the differences between width and height selections and how it differs from the X and Y data from previous versions. Personally, I prefer dealing with X and Y instead of "width" and "height" values. I understand the reasoning for it based on rotated plan options, but I think it would be nice to also have the X and Y data info when not dealing with a rotated rectangle. I know that little blue arrow is there to help us define which dim is the "width" but I think it can be hard to read.