Machine Screws?

jwlyon1

I was looking for a screw tool similar to the bolt tool in the detailing tool set. I asked a friend who uses VW2008 on a PC, and his detailing tool palette:

20080813-fewn2s782766fjajjx3s2c5axx.preview.jpg

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Has a machine screw option. Mine, VW2008 Architect on the Mac, has this detailing palette:

20080813-pieutds9gnk5jf7txejrwnce5n.preview.jpg

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

And it does not have the machine screw option.

I tried looking it up in help and looking through the Workspace editor, I can't find it! Anybody know if I can get this tool on a Mac w/ Architect?

And yes, I did a search here on the forum too, and found a great plugin for wood screws. But I'm want to know if I have the same machine screw tool that VW2008 (Fundementals) PC has.

Thanks!

The Nut & Bolt plug-in on your palette has far more functionality than the Machine Screw. Actually I think the Machine screw is a subset of the Nut & Bolt tool. You will only get the Machine Screw option is your sizes are set to reasonable settings. (if I set the size to 1 inch, I can't make it a machine screw)

Check your Workspace editor again and see if there is a Fasteners category under your tools. If not, then the basic 2D version are only available under VW and Machine Design. It should be there. What happens if you change your workspace to Standard?

Pat

Actually I think the Machine screw is a subset of the Nut & Bolt tool. You will only get the Machine Screw option is your sizes are set to reasonable settings. (if I set the size to 1 inch, I can't make it a machine screw)

I dunno-I can't manage a machine screw with any "reasonable option", ie 1/4 dia x 1" long.

Check your Workspace editor again and see if there is a Fasteners category under your tools. If not, then the basic 2D version are only available under VW and Machine Design. It should be there. What happens if you change your workspace to Standard?

I can't find it in Standard workspace, or any other. Maybe it is only in Machine Design and Designer?

• 2 weeks later...