Final Quality Render Works not working

dhare

When I render in Final Quality, A Window opens and politely lets me know "one or more opertations were aborted due to lack of memory." I can render just fine in open GL but i don't get the reflections and detail.

I have a windows machine : P4@ 3.19GHZ w/ 3.00GB of ram

and my other machine: Q6850 @ 3.33 GHZ w/ 2.50 GB of ram

I havw the same problem on both

any ideas.

if any please tell me how to resolve problem

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem as "dhare",

cannot use renderworks and a message display

"one or more opertations were aborted due to lack of memory."

I have no other application runnning, but my file got pretty big I think 110Mo, is that the reason why ? does anybody knows how to tackle this problem ? I d like to render my good work...

Also if anyone could remind me the general rules and mistake to avoid ending up with a too large file that s slow to work with...

thanks a million for your help.

HELLO I AM NOCTAMBULO, I AM FROM MEXICO CITY, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ON THE FORUM AND I REALLY DON?T KWON HOW TU USE IT, PLEASE I NEED HELP, WHEN I MAKE A RENDERWORKS ON FINAL QUALITY, IT DOESN?T WORK, MI VECTOR IS 2009, FULL VERSION, ?CAN SOME BODY HELPME?

THE FIRST 4 WEEKS USING THE SOFTWARE IT WAS RENDERING OK BUT THIS WEEK START WHIT THE PROBLEM

I AM USING, WINDOWS XP, AND A VECTOR 2009

Edited by Noct?mbulo

Hi, Carl, no there is not an error message, but onthe objet info, on render tab, say?s that the render could not be complete.

when i try, everyting, goes to black, the lamp turn off, you can?t see the gobos, the light, only stay i black the objets.

if i try the fast rendering it is ok, i been working during a mont and has been working fine, suddenly appears.

( sorry my bad english )

i am runnig laptop acer (intel celeron 1.86 ghz)80 gb hdd,

vectorworks 2009 series b163 sp1 (cd info) but when i run the software says vector 2009 SP3 BUILD 103277

Best

thanks

Edited by Noct?mbulo

Noctambulo

It sounds like you are trying to render Spotlight Instruments.

You may be encountering a problem with the texture of an instrument or another object. Usually w/ spotlight when you get light in fast quality but not final quality, that's what's going on.

Since it worked for 4 weeks and then stopped working, you may have added some geometry or changed a texture that is causing the problem.

What kind of instrument symbol are you using? (make sure it has the default instrument texture) Are you using a Lighting Position object? Do you have focus points set for the instruments?

Some older symbols project light from the c-clamp. Applying the default instrument texture to the position will solve this.

There are very few symbols (like Altman and Strand Fresnels) that have bad 3D geometry that won't accept the correct texture. See the Resource Share - Symbols area for corrected symbols.

Attached is a super simple example of a Spotlight instrument projecting a gobo in Final Quality RenderWorks. If you can see that, we may have a start in the right direction...

michaelk

Noct?mbulo

I see the problem you are having.

This should help.

1. In the file you attached all the instruments were S4 Bodies. You will have much better luck using specific instruments: 36?, 26?, 19? .... The Bodies symbol doesn't have all the beam spread information that the real instrument symbol has.

2. To place a gobo in an instrument:

Right click on the instrument.

Choose Edit (May be different in the Spanish version???) [see picture]

You will get the Lighting Device dialogue box

Choose the second tab: Light Information [see picture]

Next to Gobo 1 click Get Resource...

Click on the arrows and select the gobo you want. [see picture]

Hit all the OKs to get back to the drawing and render with Final Quality Renderworks.

In the file you sent I switched all the instruments to 19?, added the gobo textures and it worked great.

Good luck

hth

michaelk

Noct?mbulo

One other suggestion that might help your renderings.

I see you are editing the color of the light in the Edit Light Properties dialog box.

You can enter the color directly in the OIP, by gel number.

For example if you want Rosco 26, enter R26 in the color field and the light will be that color. This works for at least 3 gel manufacturers: ie. R52 for Rosco 52, L200 for Lee 200 and G770 for Gam 770. I haven't checked to see if it knows Apollo or any other gel manufacturers.

For some strange reason (this may be a bug), this ONLY works if the instrument has a focus point. But I think all the instruments in your drawing had focus points assigned, so it should work great for you.

good luck

michaelk