Page boundary on sheet layers

Affordable Plans

Question

Can anyone tell me why the page boundary on the sheet layers are smaller than the page boundary on design layers. It's annoying when I have set my drawings to within what I shows as the boundary on the design layer and then I have to adjust the viewport on the sheet layer because the boundary is smaller and therefore clips off dimensons etc when printing. A3 is set on both sheet layer and design layer printer setup with one printer page chosen as page size. Is this just the way page boundaries are set up in Vectorworks?

I'm on iMac Leopard platform with Vectorworks 12.5.3.

3 answers to this question

The Design Layers show the absolute edges of the paper size you have entered. The Sheet Layers show the absolute edge of the paper and also the unprintable area determined by the printer you currently have selected.

You probably need to work backwards and determine the printable area and then not use the maximum paper area, but only the printable ares when working on design layers.

And yes, that is just the way it is in VW. ;-)

Pat

Watch out for the zero margins. It might look OK on screen, but almost all printers have an unprintable margin.

If you have drawn all the way to the edge, you will either end up with missing data, or will have to scale down the drawing to fit within the printable area.

As I stated above, I would do it the other way around and change your Design Layer printable area to be the paper size minus the margins.

Pat