cadsupportonline.com user group topic August 2008

this month the cadsupportonline user group manual will cover the following:

the Workshop topic this month is Solar Study

When you are designing a building or a landscape feature, you may be concerned about the affect of your structure on the surrounding buildings and landscape. Some of my clients have been asked to provide evidence that the building design does not adversely affect the neighboring properties.

Q&A Topic - When should I use symbols and when should I use groups?

Podcast 1 - Making symbols for Architects and interior designers.

Podcast 2 - Using Photoshop to merge scanned images.

Beginners Corner - 2D Reshape Tool

if you belong to the online user group you will be getting your manual in your email in the next week or so.

If you join the online user group you get assess to the back issues. to see the list of back issues check out this web site:

http://www.archoncad.co.nz/usergroup/topics.php

if you want to join this user group you can subscribe at:

http://www.archoncad.co.nz/usergroup/join_int.php

I have added a sample of this month's manual:

Edited by archoncad

I've been a subscriber since the first of the year and am quite happy with the quality of the user group material. Since Jon has made back issues available to new subscribers, this seems to me to be a heckuva value.

Disclaimer: Jonathan has been generous with his time and his help toward the Seattle Users Group so I have an interest in seeing him succeed, however this has influenced none of my opinions.

one of my subscribers shared a story with me.

They were unsure about some of the recent topics that we have covered in the online user group. They had a phone call recently from a large client the other day that wanted to know if they planned a new development, where would it be seen from. We covered a technique in the user group a couple of months ago.

The interesting part of me was that when my client originally saw this topic they weren?t sure that it was a useful technique. Now they have a need for this and they can respond to their client positively and show a skill level far above the competition.

If your company is looking at a reduced workload, now is the perfect time to join the user group and improve your VectorWorks skills. We are covering topics with the user group that are not covered in any other manuals, we are starting to cover topics that will improve your productivity and we are covering topics that will allow you to offer new skills and services to your clients.

I have been a part of the user group for over a year now and think the investment in time and money is well worth it.

Its those narly bits we all know we should be able to do but have difficulty making happen and then after a training session and a review of the notes from the user group brings it all to life.

On more than one occasion I have gone back to notes from a session to recall how to do something, like how to work the fabulous tool Windoor13 (A whole program on its own) the speed increase and ease knowledge brings to the table is invaluable.

Join the group, try it for awhile its great...

John-Paul