Lights disappear

Here is one. I am trying to hang S4 ellipsoidal units on a truss that has been converted to a lighting position.I am making the unit active, then using the instrument insert tool. I click once, the lights seem to be placed, then I click a second time, and they disappear. The only thing left is a thin line. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

all true, kevin. it's also worth checking what the active class is when you insert your lighting device. if, for example, the active class is "dimension" while you're inserting lighting devices, those lighting devices will be in the "dimension" class. when the dimension class is turned off, the lighting devices will disappear.

i create a saved sheet (that i call Whole Enchilada) that has every class and layer turned on, when i insert a lighting device or any symbol and it disappears, i double click on the Whole Enchilada saved sheet. typically, the missing symbol (in the wrong class) re-appears.

hth,

shelley

all true, kevin. it's also worth checking what the active class is when you insert your lighting device. if, for example, the active class is "dimension" while you're inserting lighting devices, those lighting devices will be in the "dimension" class. when the dimension class is turned off, the lighting devices will disappear.

i create a saved sheet (that i call Whole Enchilada) that has every class and layer turned on, when i insert a lighting device or any symbol and it disappears, i double click on the Whole Enchilada saved sheet. typically, the missing symbol (in the wrong class) re-appears.

hth,

shelley

hi ray; i don't know about creative. i think i started using it since the "W" in whole made that saved sheet typically drop down to the bottom of the saved sheet list. on the other hand, your "all" would keep the same thing up at the top, which might not be a bad thing.

sometimes when i start to get myself into trouble i also create the opposite saved sheet, the "whole naked enchilada". every class and layer turned off, and only active class and layer viewed.

shelley