Vectorbits shut down ?

Is the Vectorbits website shut down ? I tried to access it for a free plug-in mentioned elsewhere on this site, and it won't load in my browser.

Anyone know where to get the plug-in that allows the document/vectorworks preferences to be set from a tool icon inside of the usual tedious menu commands ?

This may be only a partial help, but the hot key to open VW prefs is:

command comma

That saves a trip up to the menu, but still leaves you with all the tabs and check boxes in the prefs dialog box. Anyway, it works for me when toggling Show Other Objects in Groups.

A tool approach would probably end up as a bunch of separate tools, or a few tools with dialog boxes and/or option check boxes. So still lotsa clicks.

VectorBits appears to be working now.

But you may be looking for Katerina Panagiotakis' Toggles at VectorDepot

http://www.vectordepot.com/plug-ins/

It adds several of the VW prefs to the work space menu. I don't use it, so can't report on efficacy.

-B

• 6 years later...

The VectorBits Web site is being updated. Currently the Toggle Preferences tool you are referring to is not listen. I sent Manuel a question asking about it because it has become a staple in my VW use. Command comma is useful but the pull down list is far simpler and more practical.

I do wish VW would take a cue from Vectorbits and OzCAD and add some of the features of their great plug-ins. OzCAD's WINDOOR is bundled with VW in Australia only. Vectorbits is now charging for all updates. 100 Euros for all of them.