Sign in to follow this  
JFGorny

Renderworks Mac Crash

Has anyone had this issue with a Mac? While applying textures in Renderworks, the program crashes and leaves the screen filled with crazy remnants per the attached file (I hope its there). It extends to the Finder and requires a restart. All is well until running VW for about 10 minutes and it happens again. I have plenty of power & memory... well, the computer does.

Make sure you are updated to the latest version.

Go to About VectorWorks and click the Check for Updates button.

You should be on VectorWorks 2008 Service Pack 3 (Build 88670).

If the problem still persists write back.

Pat

I have downloaded the newest Service Pack and the response was that I did not need any updating.

Edited by JFGorny

we got that type of thing on vw12 prompting our move to artlantis, even with its quirks, at least you can get a render

VW 12 and VW2008 rendered objects deteriorate when located at great remove from drawing origin. But no crashes or finder artifacts. Maybe too many digits in the vertex location numbers for successful calcs.

Paste same objects close to drawing origin and they render successfully.

-B

Having anything located well away from the origin serioulsly blows out rendering times as well. Before doing anything else make sure there are no objects well off screen by checking the extents - with nothing selected use Fit to Objects on the Mode Bar.