window schedule

Hi folks,

I've spent last few hours trying to figure this out and now seem to be out of luck.

The way the window labeling and window schedule in my office should be done is: all windows with same parameters are labeled with same label (i.e. W01, W02) which represents window type. On schedule must be Label (W01, W02...) of window types in columns, in according rows - amount of windows of that specific type on each floor and total, Window Height and Window Width for each window type, Area of specific window type (1 peace) and total area of that one window type (Area for 1 peace multiplied total number of that type of windows).

How do I do this with worksheets?

Tried VA Create Schedule, but in database rows it shows records for all windows.

Tried to insert windows as symbols (named symbols W01, W02 etc) , but same thing.

Finally in worksheet entered symbol name (text 'W01' in B2 cell) used worksheet function =COUNT((INSYMBOL & (L='Layer Name') & (S=B2))). In this way I got amount of symbols in each floor, but don't have idea how to get window width, height and area of that one particular window in the symbol named W01. May be I should use some other techniques to do this?

Also, additional question - if I want to have separate sheet for window schedules, containing schedule plus front view of each window type with dimensions, window type name (W01) and total amount of this type of windows (symbols?) in drawing, what would be the way? Currently I'm doing pure line work to do this. :(

Thanks

Start with the standard schedule. Edit the criteria (Show database headers from the triangle pop down menu above the row headers. Click and hold in the header row indication (1,2, 4, etc). select Edit Criteria). Set the criteria to include a single design layer.

Drag the SUM icon to the column header you want to sum on.

Insert a new column at the left (I recommend column A) and put a formula of =count in it.

In every column that has a formula that you want to see the data for a single instance, edit the formula to includ a /A4 (if the database is row 4) for example =window.width/A4 would give you the width of a single instance.

In VW 12 the =count column must be to the left of anyplace you use it in a formula.

To show elevations with dimensions of the windows, you will need to do it by hand. You can insert the symbols/windows PIOs into a layer and then set it to a Front view. Move the symbols and then add the dimensions.

Pat

Ahhh!

When someone says it, it seems obvious :)

Never imagined that the way would be dividing sum with amount to get value for single instance. Thanks Pat!

Another question. There's an option to hide database row. In my case there's a need to show only database header row and hide database sub-rows. Is there such option?

As I haven't seen such, my first shot would be to make 2 worksheets, in first one (A) do all functions/criterias and get the full data package, in the second (B) make links to worksheet's A appropriate cells to get only database header row information in the table.

Currently I'm not at office and can't check if it works.