Renderworks quality/resolution

Hello there,

I'm new here, but I've been using Vectorworks since Minicad 4.0. Anyway, I'm just starting to use Renderworks and I have a very basic question.

How can I adjust the quality of the Render, because it always looks pretty "pixelated" or Lo-Res. And when I export it to Photoshop for touch-up, even\ though I'm adjusting the Resolution and Pixel Dimensions, it still looks pretty lo-res. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

It is easiest to render a small area of your model on screen so you can see the render results quickly than go to File->export image file and change settings there to increase the pixel image resolution to the desired level. The higher the res the longer it will take to save the file.

Make sure you remeber where you saved the file in order to retrieve it for manipulation in PS.

Pete A

Edited by panthony

Thanks for your help guys, but this one's the one that worked!!

Try using the standard lower resolution on Design Layers-72 DPI- and increasing the Sheet Layers resolution for final rendering and exporting-say 200 DPI. This does increase rendering time but makes for a crisper image.

Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Internally VW stores images in either JPEG or PNG formats. JPEG is best when you are more concerned about size and PNG is better for quality because it is a lossless format.

One trick that hasn't been mentioned is that you can copy and paste images out of VW to other applications. For example images produced by the Render Bitmap tool or rendered viewports can be pasted into other applications. For viewports set the viewport object fill to Solid before copying the image.

One trick that hasn't been mentioned is that you can copy and paste images out of VW to other applications. For example images produced by the Render Bitmap tool or rendered viewports can be pasted into other applications. For viewports set the viewport object fill to Solid before copying the image.

Thanks for that Dave! I had no idea this could be done.