2D Reshape Tool Marquee Move

Moving groups of vertices with marquee in 2D Reshape Tool move mode is intermittent at best. It may work for one move, but a few moments later ClickDrag does not produce a marquee. De select and select another poly does not restore. Option Click does not produce a lasso. I switched in-out-in of Top/Plan but no change. Quit/Relaunch VW no help. System restart does not necessarily restore the function either.

Is there a secret handshake or other way to invoke this function? Or is this a bug?

Here is quote from VW Help:

Move Polygon Handles

Drag a vertex by clicking it, or drag a segment by clicking on the midpoint.

Click and drag to create a rectangular marquee around several vertices. To create a lasso marquee, press the Option (Macintosh) or Alt (Windows) key when creating the marquee. Press the Command and Option (Macintosh) or Ctrl and Alt (Windows) keys for polygonal marquee selection mode.

-B

It's working for me. I tried to torture it, but it hung in there. Periodically, VW seems to get overwhelmed and stops doing something, but usually restarting it fixes this. I'm working on 10.5.4 as well, on an iMac with SP3 and Machine Design.

I know how frustrating things like this can be, so I thought I'd at least let you know I'd tried and it was working so far. ?M

Good work, Chad! I was working on an area covered with filled polys. If I group the object I am editing, and enter the group, then the marquee is produced if I click/drag starting outside the object. This works with both on and off setting of Show Other Objects while in Groups pref. Help topic should mention this. I will post to wish list.

One might think that producing a marquee over filled areas could be accomplished with a shift/drag - that's how the 2d selection tool works. No such luck.

Anyway, thanks again, Chad and mmyoung.

-B