VW 12.5 series failure to start

Hall1Inc

Question

I recently had to reload Windows XP Pro along with all patches and updates including Service Pack 3.

I installed all of the VectorWorks 9 Mechanical disc and associated updates. All of these programs would open and function. I installed the VectorWorks 12.5 update disc to update the VW 9 series.

The VW 12.5 program fails to open from the files menu or by double clicking on in the Explorer files. I have since loaded the updates to 12.5.3 without success of being able to open the program.

The VW 12.5.3 worked properly in the previous Windows XP Pro system that did not have the Service Pack 3 involved. I assume that the problem to be resolved has something to do with the Service Pack 3 update in Windows XP Pro. I have uninstalled all VW files and registry entries and re-installed with out success.

The VW 9 series still works!

Help!

Glenn Hall

Cardinal Technology Inc.

3 answers to this question

A re-install did not cure the problem. Further research found information in relation to a possible problem with QuickTime installation.

Removal of the latest current version of QuickTime and allowing VectorWorks 12 to install QuckTime ver7.0.2 fixed the problem.

Updates of VW 12 were successfull.

Hope this helpful to anyone else who has had this problem.