Carpeting Effect on G3's

We have 3 beige G3's in our office running Vectorworks 8.5.2. While scrolling through a drawing on any of these machiines a graphical (carpeting effect) glitch occours. The machines all have 128 mb's of ram with various allocations of ram assigned to each. I have been told that I may need to get video cards for each one. Has anyone noticed this before and can I sort it out without going to the expense of buying 3 video cards for machines that we will stop using next year....?

The culprit appears to be a conflict between VW and the ATI video driver software (though this is not conclusive). Try updating with the latest drivers from ATI's site. I use a Formac 3 video card on my G3 with OS 9 without a problem. But my Power Center Pro running a Newer (now defunct) G3 card does exhibit this problem?the only predictably successfull workaround has been to change the color depth to 256 colors. Generally OK but not good for 3d rendering!

The most up to date drivers that I can find are the ones that get installed with OS 9.0.4 but with these on the problem still occurs. I tried turning them off altogether but that obviously slowed everything down (yet it did clear the problem). I will try changing the amount of colours to 256 for the time being but as we work with a lot of graphic apps as well this may be a problem. I work on a blue G3 with the same extensions on, and have no problems, but presumably that is because I have a better spec grahics card installed..? I may also have a go at downloading OS 9.1 to see if they have been updated further.

Thanks for your help

Richie