hiding objects

Is there a way to hide things in the design layers?

*Frequently* I want to do that. I make do by locking something or moving it with the Move tool a specified amount, like 6' or something, to get it out of my way.

Is there an easier way?

thanks ?Michael

Yeah, I do sometimes drag things into other layers or classes, but it's tedious and takes attention I don't want to give it. I was hoping I could just hide/unhide things.

It seems like an obvious feature, and it's in the other apps I use, so I wondered how people got around it in VW.

You can just hide/unhide things.

Edit your workspace to put the Custom Visibility command into the Tools menu with the Custom Selection and Custom Modification. It is in the Legacy commands set.

You can then use the Custom Visibility command to create scripts to show and hide objects as you like. Two that I find very useful are Show All (to get everything back) and Hide Selected.

Pat

Thanks Pat...

How about this one:

I would like to have a script that will turn invisible the entire class of a selected object.

For Example: Say I click on a chair, I'd like to be able to quickly turn off the Furniture-main class (including the chair itself that is assigned to that class), without having to go find that class in the Navigation Palette to do so. Kind of like how right-clicking an object we have the option to "Activate Class," I want a button to "Make Class Invisible."

Thanks Pat...

For Example: Say I click on a chair, I'd like to be able to quickly turn off the Furniture-main class (including the chair itself that is assigned to that class), without having to go find that class in the Navigation Palette to do so. Kind of like how right-clicking an object we have the option to "Activate Class," I want a button to "Make Class Invisible."

I posted a little script some time ago that does that. Look here for more info.

• 2 weeks later...