Referencing cells between worksheets (if possible)

Is it possible to reference cells between worksheets? I would like to take the total (sum) field from one worksheet and reference it in a summary worksheet. There is no data attached, no records - just a field in a worksheet.

My application: I have schedules with totals in one worksheet, and would like to include all the totals together in a summary worksheet. Right now, I have to enter the values by hand.

As far as I know, you can't use a single cell from a database at all. I think the idea behind this is that since databases are dynamic, you can't know for sure what data will be in what row. If you add something to the drawing that changes the number of database rows, how would a formula adjust? Would it keep referencing the same row number, or would it have to remember the previous data and locate the new row? What about when you have referenced the cell and then delete the object that was associated with that row? All difficult questions.

If you can narrow the criteria of your database enough so that there is only a single object in the database you can reference the header row for the database and get the data from there.

Pat