Sign in to follow this  
Christiaan

How to create complex hatches

Question

Can we have a knowledge base article on how to create complex hatches, preferably with an example video? Maybe something of medium complexity, like a honey comb.

Also, does anyone know of any other resources I could look at. I've finally got some time to learn how to create them properly! :)

6 answers to this question

Here's a little movie that explains how to make such a honey comb hatch. Hope it will help (and sorry for my crappy English :) )

Download

Excellent maarten, thanks for posting that. Your English is perfectly OK and considerably better than my Dutch.

Thanks, and you're welcome :)

I used the "angle mode" in that one, but you can also work with coordinates.

Here's an other one, a brick hatch where the use of coordinates will be explained.

Download

These two methods are you going to use a lot when you're making "dimensioned" hatches.

The more "free-Style" hatches use an other method, but sometimes also some parts of the two methods mentioned above. If you want to know more about that, just say :)

in November 2007 the cadsupportonline user group covered hatches along with other 2D graphics. if you belong to this user group, get the back issue...