Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

How do I assign a keyboard shortcut to a custom vectorscript command?

How do I assign a keyboard shortcut to a custom vectorscript command?

I did this a number of years ago but can't remember how now. I remember it taking a while to figure out how.

I'd use it for line weights, line types, perhaps some class selections, custom tools, toggle some prefs, etc.

Hope it still can be done.

Thanks,

Henry

yes.

If you created the script in the Vectorscript editor then it is already where it needs to be.

If you have the plug in in the finder, you will want to move it to

/Hard Drive/Users/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks/12/Plugins

then restart VW and the plugin should be available.

HTH,

ion

Ion,

Some scripts are ones I wrote years ago and others are adaptions of other peoples scripts and others are just from the tools command: "Custom Tool/Attributes..." and similar. All are on script palettes which I double click to use. Keyboard shortcuts for a number would be great. For, example, changing default line weight, or a quick one time use of line style "centerline". Or toggling back and forth with "zoom line thickness" with a keyboard shortcut and not the mouse on the script on the palette.

Henry

Sure, that makes sense. I suspected that is how you were using them.

The easiest way to do these are as menu commands.

In the resource browser enter the script palette, select one of your scripts and by right click or pop up select edit.

select the entire script and choose copy.

close the script editor, now under the Tools menu under scripts choose Vectorscript Editor.

Click new, choose command and name it

it should be selected in the list of plugins (if not select it) and click the script button and you will be back in the script editor, paste your script into that window and click ok.

now you have a plug-in in the correct place, and you can go to your workspace editor and add it to your workspace and assign a key command.

HTH,

ion

Ion,

Thanks, that's it. Works great. That'll increase my memorized shortcut keys by another 50!

- just made zoomline thickness toggle with shift-opt-command Z

Now for:

- line thicknesses

- centerline

- my style leaderline

- solid fill

- no fill

Well, I'll think about this.

Henry

• Like 1