modifying a 3d object...

hi,

! have to model a slanted wall on a ramp, so a slanted floor, and I'm having trouble figuring how to do this. I tried extruding the profile along a path (the edge of my ramp) but I end up with weird results. On the other hand, I extruded a simple polygon to the height it needs to have but then I can't move the top face to incline the wall, it just moves the top face away from the rest of the wall... Can anyone help me? I'm guessing there is something I'm missing in the way you model in vw; I have been lazy and used sketchup for too long...

Thanks!

gabrielle

Gabrielle, not sure if a quite get your request, but I'm thinking you are trying to make a "raked" wall (as in: angled top or bottom) ?? If so, this is very easy to do in VW's. Just double click on the wall and you'll get a selection handle at each corner. These can be pulled up or down, and also can be positioned to an exact "z" height using the data display function(s). Also, you can use the "Fit walls to roof" command to make your wall(s) extend or trim to any 3d geometry on another layer (a floor or roof for example). Hope that helps.