Importing a DWG file but details only on a sheet layer ? ? ?

I am importing a drawing from another designer and the layer details show me there is 2 design layers and 2 sheet layers, I can only find the drawing on one of the sheet layers and nothing on either of the design layers, this is a problem because I am needing to drag this updated drawing as a new base plan into a current drawing as they have changed details in their base drawing.

When I try to import the drawing I can see on the sheet layer, into my drawing nothing appears ?

I know sheets are different and I have always draged in updated base plans from design layers when they send me new drawings so what has happened please ?

thanks

Edited by Viper x

Thanks heaps for taking the time to reply Stephen, at times one feels like you are calling out into an empty cave.

I have had an answer today, ( which may help others in the future ) the designers saved the drawing in paper space only ( in archicad ) which was the cause of the problem.

I will try your work around at some time as well.

As an aside the drawings I do get are always as a symbol ( again derived from Archicad ) I convert to a group then ungroup which explodes then again.

Thanks again Stephen.

• Like 1