Scaling

HB

I use the 1120C on my Mac G3 as follows:

In FILE menu PAGE SETUP dialog select the appropriate sheet size and orientation and change the size factor to 44% (at least this percentage works for me), then go to the PAGE menu SELECT PRINT AREA... dialog and click on one page. The 24 x 36 document should now display within the boundaries of an 11 X 17 sheet.

I've been doing what you suggested but without luck. The image never reduces on the screen to fit the 11 x 17 outline. What is represented in the 11 x 17 box does reduce but I can't seem to get the printer to acknowledge the whole drawing. I installed the printer after VW and wonder if I should try installing the other way around.

quote:

Originally posted by RGyori:

I use the 1120C on my Mac G3 as follows:

In FILE menu PAGE SETUP dialog select the appropriate sheet size and orientation and change the size factor to 44% (at least this percentage works for me), then go to the PAGE menu SELECT PRINT AREA... dialog and click on one page. The 24 x 36 document should now display within the boundaries of an 11 X 17 sheet.

we have the same problem reducing images on pc's at our office- we can only get 24x36 drawings to reduce on the plotter which is a hp755 cm

vectorworks tech support has never gotten back to me or the company about this issue-

scaling works on the macs about 90% of the time showing that it is an issue with the pc software-

two work arounds:

1) scale the layers via the layers options- just half the number ie a 1/50 drawing would become a 1/100 drawing

2)use a pdf writer such as adobe acrobat and print pdf's they can scale easily within reader,

3)export the drawings as image files with a high resolution

jonathan

GWI inc

I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the PC printer drivers, not VW. I use VW on a PC and a Mac and all of the printer drivers on my PC dont have a scaling option in the print dialogue, but the Mac does.

It is unfortunate because even if you change the scale of your drawing, your line weights stay the same and the prints can look really chuncky.