numerical data sequence

JYT

I have a problem getting the values in Data sheets or Paperwork to appear in their correct numerical sequence. For example:

3, etc

Where do I find the appropriate cell/column or row formatting to get these in their proper order.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ray,

Yes I presently use the 01 format to keep some sort of order but it gets silly when dealing with triple digits. (001, 002, 111, etc.)

I was not aware of the alt-fields feature. It looks to me like I have to redo all my label legends and then update all the channels (into the new alt-channel field) by hand. Not fun when dealing with about 320 instruments.

Noted for my next plot but hopefully such a basic spreadsheet feature can be fixed to work in a future update.

Thanks for the help guys,

Jean-Yves

Edited by Jean-Yves Tessier

What is the field you are sorting? Because it is a text field in the record whatever it is. If vectorworks thinks it is text that is how it sorts, but if you only plan on putting numbers in it, you can change the record from text to numeric and that will solve your problem.