Please Help!! I'm beyond desperate.......

Going out of my mind and running out of time :(.

Here's the situation:

I add a truss in VW (2008). I convert it to a lighting position, as it has 8 lights on it. As you know, VW won't let you just rotate the truss(hybrid object), except for on the Z plane, so I resort to circular array to angle the truss 10 degrees. This is done without maintaining the original. I save my file. I re open my file, the truss is straight again!! The lights that are for that truss are still on a 10deg angle! If I convert the truss to 3d polys, I can rotate it and open/close, etc. It all works fine, but now I can no longer convert that truss into a lighting position. Driving me batty!!!

Please help if you can. I'm soooo behind on finishing this plot as it is :(

Thanks for any assistance!!

Unfortunately, I need them to rotate on X axis. So if you were looking at them from "right" side view, they'd be at a 20deg angle.

It's crazy that this won't let you rotate 3d objects (hybrids, anyway) on anything other than the Z axis. Supposedly, VW 2009 fixes this.

Sigh.

Thank u for the help, though

Make your truss in the straight position. Go to top only and ungroup. Regroup. From here you lose your ability to edit it as a truss. You have your truss in 3d only and you can rotate in the z but yes you cannot rotate a z and have it be a hybrid. Obviously if your truss was 50' and at a 45 degree angle on the z then your 50' truss would only really be about 25' in plan which for people not using the truss tool in a hybrid symbol I would have no idea how to expect vectorworks to do that.