Window Problem

Hi

I have two external front walls,either side of a central front wall that juts out like a chimney breast. In all three walls I have inserted a window, but when I render with open GL only the windows in the chimney breast section and the right hand wall, show - can anyone tell me why?

I've checked the walls. The one without the window showing finishes at the outside corner with an angled line across where it joins the next wall at 90 degrees, the other wall ends at right angles without this diagonal line join across the top. This seems to be the only difference in the walls and I can't understand why one window won't show in open GL, even though the window is deifintely there.

Thanks

Select the window that is not showing in the rendered via. It is listed as a Window or a Window in Wall in the Object Info Palette (OIP)?

It is possible that the window is in the correct location, but did not get placed into the wall. If is is just a window, drag it away from the wall and then back in. The tip of the cursor must be inside the wall when you release the mouse or else the windows will not cut the wall.

Pat

Thanks Pat

It's showing as a window in wall. I tried moving it away anyway, then back in, but it's still the same. So I deleted it, and tried to insert a new one, but when I render it in 3D, you still can't see it. As far as I can make out, all the settings are the same as for the window on the other wall, so I can only assume it's a wall problem, but I can't see what's causing it.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Allison

When you select the window does the object info pallet say "window" or "window in wall?"

If it says "window" then the object is not inserted in the wall.

You may have to switch the mode to allow symbols to be anchored.

It's the 4th Icon from the left when you are using the 2d selection tool.