How to change line weights of plant symbols already on drawing ?

Hi There,

Having trouble changing line weights of a lot of plant symbols already on a drawing, I want to thicken the line.

What is the correct process if editing the class the symbols are in ? If this is the best way to do it

I have tried changing the line weight in the class from say 12 to 40 to get a big effect and I tick "use at creation" but has no effect in the drawing.

Thanks

OK I have managed to effect change on the weights by editing the actual symbol in the RB, and then moving the tag resets the line thickness, this seems a very cumbersome way of doing this why does not changing the class line weight work ?

Edited by Viper x

I've got essentially the same question: how can I use one symbol, say a lavatory, in different classes, say "Plumbing-Fixtures-New" and "Plumbing-Fixtures-Exist", and have it take on the line weights of the different classes -- in this case I'd like the new fixtures to have a bolder line weight than the existing ones. This was easily accomplished in AutoCAD, by simply making sure that the lines within the symbol (block) were on layer 0. These would then take on the attributes of the layer (class in VW) the symbol was placed on. Distinguishing between new and existing elements is something we do quite frequently on our architectural plans, and on a B&W drawing line-weight is the primary way of doing so. It would be silly to have to create separate symbols with different contained line weights to accomplish this!

Mark, exactly the same requirement I have, ie I need new plant symbols to stand out against existing plants and it seems simple that you just create a new class for the "new plants" with a bolder line weight"

Can Techs confirm Mark and I are not missing something and it in fact can be done please ?