Class corruption

I have encountered a bug where copying and pasting an object can create two classes with the same name, In this case they are named DIM. they came from two objects from the same imported DXF file.

Problem. only one of them can be deleted. the other one becomes blank and continously reappears. Annoying but doesn't seem to be causing any other problems.

• 4 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by estipro:

I have encountered a bug where copying and pasting an object can create two classes with the same name, In this case they are named DIM. they came from two objects from the same imported DXF file.

Problem. only one of them can be deleted. the other one becomes blank and continously reappears. Annoying but doesn't seem to be causing any other problems.

I have experienced the same problem on numerous occasions and it is not fun to try to deal with it. Sometimes there are two of the same class in the class list, sometimes there are classes with no names that keep reappearing, sometimes there are two classes with the same name listed in the object info pallette pull-down while the classes list shows only one.

It is a mystery to me. Have you found any answers to this type of problem short of cutting everything out of the file and pasiting it in a new one?

------------------

Benjamin Ball

estipro, benis:

Can you tell us what version of VectorWorks you're using, and on what platform?

I seem to remember someone reporting a similar problem, and I think it ultimately had something to do with the user having renamed the None class. Do your files have a class named 'None' in addition to the ones that are giving you trouble?

If you have a file that seems to exhibit a bug, you should always feel free to send it to us along with a description of your system and the version of VectorWorks involved. You can send us files by e-mailing <bugsubmit@nemetschek.net>.

Cheers,

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@nemetschek.net

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Caleb Strockbine:

estipro, benis:

Can you tell us what version of VectorWorks you're using, and on what platform?

I seem to remember someone reporting a similar problem, and I think it ultimately had something to do with the user having renamed the None class. Do your files have a class named 'None' in addition to the ones that are giving you trouble?

If you have a file that seems to exhibit a bug, you should always feel free to send it to us along with a description of your system and the version of VectorWorks involved. You can send us files by e-mailing <bugsubmit@nemetschek.net>.

Cheers,

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@nemetschek.net

Caleb,

You may indeed be correct about the no "none" class. I am going to send you the file so that you can check it out. This file contains a "none" class but it didn't when I first began working on it (someone in my office started the file and probably removed the "none" class or changed it's name to miscellaneous") I started having the blank classes problem when there was no "none" class.

I find that the classes in the main classes window sometimes won't match those in the object info pulldown menu or those in the saved sheets class list.

Look for the file in your mailbox. It is called 0026.1_6-15-01.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out for me.

Benk

------------------

Benjamin Ball