Selection Filter

quote:

Originally posted by DCarpenter:

Does VW allow me to filter out what I want to select. If I want to select every object on the screen that has a green fill, or green lines (attributes) can I do that? Couldn't find anything like this in the Manuel.

The mentioned custom selection tool allows

not to select by criteria of the selected object. I am working on a tool which does this, you'll find a preview version on my website, its called 'select all Objects by the criteria of the picked object.

It's not finished yet and there's currently no documentation, so mail me if you need some assistance.

HTH,

Hannes

http://www.members.aon.at/tischlerei.lackner/free%20Plugins.htm

------------------

Hannes Lackner

Joinery++Tyrol/Austria

cabinet door-Plugin please look at:

http://members.aon.at/tischlerei.lackner/services.htm

• 22 years later...
On 1/5/2001 at 12:53 AM, MikeB said:

Under the organize menu you will find the "Custom Selection" tool. It allows you to enter a series of parameters, such as line weight, class, layer, fill pattern, etc. to select objects, I think this is what your looking for.

Where is this located in version 2022?

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, jmhanby said:

I am sorry but I am a newbie and when I search for stuff I only get old stuff.  Maybe one day I will be as golden as you.

Just pointing out that you are looking at an ancient thread.  The program may have changed a little bit in the past 20 years…. Hence why I told you where to find it.  Sometimes you should just create a new thread 😉