Selection Indicator not Visible

C W

I've posted this question before but didn't get any feedback and am still struggling with this issue. When I'm drafting the selection indicator of whatever object (line, wall, symbol, etc) disappears/becomes invisible. If I pan out or click off the object and then reselect it becomes visible. Now the object is selected even if the selection indicator is not visibile (it's info appears in the OIP and if I modify, move, or what have you, the action is carried out). However, not seeing the indicator has me constantly second guessing so I'm CONSTANTLY zooming in and out so that I could see the indicator.

Any feedback on this is appreciated. Thanks.

Ray - I have reinstalled and am thinking it's a hardware issue but figured I'd ask the community if anyone else has seen this.

Wes - I will forward a copy of the file.

Thanks

Edited by C W

The 2008 documents call it the Tool Bar. Something else new to get used to.

As Ray says, it is the second bar down, just above the drawing windows and is shows the mode of the tool you are using.

Ray, I am used to calling it the Mode bar also, but I just looked up the real name for the class I was teaching today.

Regards,

Pat

I've had this problem several times. I do not remember the exact conditions, maybe it was while editing a group. I thought that pressing some combination of keys by mistake had changed the preferences, but couln't find a solution. It went away by itself each time.

MacPro, 10.5.3

VW2008 Designer SP2

Pat, you are correct, it shouldn't take me long. I'm almost used to calling it Saved Views and not Saved Sheets... That's only changed, what, 6 years ago?

It's worse than I thought, I just looked at the drawing and my Saved Views palette is still named Saved Sheets. Maybe time to make a new template?

Yep, those old terms die hard. How many versions did it take to unlearn the muscle memory of command-R for the reshape palette (since gone) and to relearn it for the resource browser.

I do enough tech support that I try to use the correct terms so I match with the documentation.

But I knew what you meant Ray, and I guess that is the most important thing, right? ;-)

Pat