eps export from vectorworks

The EPS export from VW can be flaky, though I haven't seen this problem. I do a lot of EPS work but import them into FrameMaker, not Quark. I also mostly use VW on Mac. The major problems I've had with the EPS export command have been bugs in VW's translation affecting things like rotated text.

The most reliable way to make an eps on the Mac has been to print to an eps file rather than use the export command.I think you can do this on Windows as well, at least of my HP driver. Just choose EPS under the Postscript options and print to file. I have actually tested the eps output of this method on Windows, however. The major annoyance with this method on the Mac is that the eps file is the size of your paper and has to be a single page.A lot of people these days are moving to PDF output of VW drawings.

There is also a possibility that this is Quark problem.

Using win 98, eps files exported from vectorworks do not work well in quark 4.11. Only the vectorworks image will print, obliterating all other text and images. This occurs on a postscript printer and plotter (level 3). I have been told that all eps are not created equal and that the Vectorworks eps file needs to be translated by photoshop or other image software and resaved. The only problem is photoshop will not parse a vecorworks eps image and therefore not open. Does anyone have a suggestion? Are there any plans to upgrade the eps export with version 9 so that the export can be read by current versions of more common graphic software?