Yet another Lightwright import problem

I am using Lightwright 4.1.8 and VectorWorks 12.5.1.

Here is the problem;

I built a new light plot in VectorWorks by opening two existing plots (A and B). I deleted some of the instruments in plot A and copied some new instruments over from plot B. Now my finished plot is the edited plot A. I made sure that all of the Lightwright ID fields were blank, started a new Lightwright file, and successfully brought all the instrument data into Lightwright.

When I attempt to bring the instrument data back into VectorWorks only about half of the instruments are successfully updated. I have no idea why this is happening. The problem instruments are of various types, some with accessories, some without accessories, and they are in multiple positions. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Could it have something to do with building the light plot in the way that I did? Or am I just cursed? Every time I start a new show file and do an initial import/export there seem to be all kinds of weird problems.

See the attached screen shot.

Edited by Smatticus

You won't believe this but the problem seems to have rectified itself. What is strange is that I really did not change anything. All I did was to try the import from Lightwright a third time, this time bringing the Accessory field along with all the other fields (I had left that one out on the second try). This doesn't make sense though because the first time I had the problem with instruments not updating I had included the Accessory field along with all the others.

I did figure out what the non-updating instruments have in common though;

After the instruments would not update I exported the VectorWorks data and took a close look at the exported file in Excel. I figured out what the relationship is between the instruments that would not update. Every other instrument in the VectorWorks export file had a Lightwright ID (meaning it was a successful import from Lightwright). So when the instruments were sorted according to the VectorWorks UID every other instrument was updating successfully. I have no idea why but this is the pattern I found between those that would update and those that would not update!

Make sure Smatticus that you have accessories assigned as "static accessories" in Vectorworks. This was new in vw12 I think, so it's possible that if you were merging two files that some of them had the older designation (I forget what that was).

Also, in LW make sure that you have a '+' sign in the "separate accessories from instrument types with:" field.

I had posted my import / export scenarios a while back, and you can still check them out at this 2 meg download:

http://www.box.net/shared/s8nuqgblg8

Edited by RPMDesign