X & Y Coordinates

Search "worksheet operations" in VW Help files for the codes you need to pull up this type of object info in worksheets.

You need "=XCenter" & "=YCenter"

See image...note I added "/12" since it was giving position in inches and I wanted feet...

picture9tw8.png

Well this brings me to another question.

Mine is in a record format. I have this record linked to symbols and I want to know where all these symbols are located throughout my drawing.

I run the report with all things with that form of record format and I get a thing that looks similar to the screen shot above. Than I just put in there using () instead of "" and than bam it is on the report.

So here is a question anyone know how to have the x and y position show up on the symbol in some sort of text linked to record set up?

Matt

I don't know Matt, seems possible, basically just an "associated dimension" with one end snapped to the center of the object and the other end snapped to the origin (0,0), but then just displayed next to the symbol in x,y fashion. I understand linking text to record well enough, but can't figure out how to link that text to the xCenter, yCenter in the report.

Make a new record format with whatever you want to report.

Mine has an x dim and y dim for this.

Edit your symbol click in a blank area and go to your data tab put an x in the box next to the record you want to link to. Than fill in for that particular symbol what you want associated with it. You can change it when you are not in your symbol for individual occurances.

When you go to run your report you get your dimensions displayed if you have it set up as earlier mentioned, however I am not sure how to make some sort of 2 way communication to have that dimension display. Even if it wasn't like a normal dimension, but just the x and y position coridinates next to the symbol so I know where it lies on my work space.

• 3 months later...

So I have been using this and working well. I have found a flaw that maybe someone can help me with.

I use it to reference symbols and their placement on the drawing.

In my symbol I added some label information only to the bottom of the symbol linked to that record on its own classes so I can turn them on and off easily.

So now my symbols appear to be longer and my y center is not being referenced to the center of locus point/insertion point of the symbol, but it is going to the center of the symbol as it appears and includes the labels. Which puts me off from where I want to be.

Please help.

Matt

For what I am doing that does not work. I am attaching a screen show and hopefully you can see what it is doing.

There is a report in one corner where the last line is the item in question. In the object info it is at 10'0",10'0" but when I run the report it doesn't assume that the locus is the center it figures the overall length and finds the center.

The only thing I am thinking is I have to make that symbol so that it centers where it needs to be and leave that locus in and just move it around. It just seems like it should be able to do this.

Hopefully someone can help here.

Thanks,

Matt