Sorting and subtotaling worksheets

I checked out the discussion you posted, but the example in there is in VW 2008. I am still in the previous version so I couldn't check it out. I know how to summarize the worksheet to show what types I have I just can't figure out how to make the worksheet give me a count of how many of each type that I have. If there is a way for me to open your example that would be a great help.

• 6 years later...

Although, is there are like a SUMIF function in VectorWorks?

To tackle the issue of subtotaling? Meaning, say I have 3 different uses of areas which are stored under one record field and I want the subtotal for 3 types of AREA on either between database cells or on a separate spreadsheet cell, what should I do?

There is no SumIf function, but you can use the Count outside of the database rows and give it a criteria that will only give you the objects you are looking for something like:

=count('MyRecord'.'MyField'='Type1');

The other option is to split it up and create three different database section one for each type and then do the counts from there.

Yes now I got it to work, thanks Pat, I did;

=AREA('MyRecord'.'MyField'='Type1')

fyi...

Edit #1: Now I'm trying to do

=AREA('MyRecord'.'MyField'≠'Type1')

which ends up in <> signs for exchange with ≠ when you run it.

Any ideas on this one?

Edited by sle7en7