Truss Record/Record format question

I know the topic has come up before, but I am hoping someone has come up with something to help me here.

I want a truss record. And some other records, but this is an easy example to help me hopefully.

I want the record to contain all sorts of things like

Truss Type ie 12x12, 12x18 20.5x20.5 and so forth

Truss Length 5' 8' 10' and so on

Truss Color Black/Silver

Connection Type

and Ideally Positon. What these pieces make up audience FOH and so forth.

Now I made this record and applied it to a few of my truss symbols. Than I run a report. What I want is to have a summary of haw many black 12x12 10', silver 20x20 5' and so forth. However it just list them all.

What do I want to have in the report to make it know how to summarize in this manner?

The only even remote solution I have had is make just one record field that says silver 12x12 10' in one field and have summarize by field check box checked.

Please help,

Matt

So okay here is probably a dumb question. After getting all that to work and it sorts the way I want it to I have it appear as row 2.0 than 2.1 2.2 2.3 and so forth. That is fine. Although I do not want the first row where it says there are 19 total pieces or all sizes or how ever that it. Any idea on what to do for that?