Font Problems Up the Wazoo

hi.

i searched a bit through the font pages, but really, there are 80+ pages of topics related to font issues and i can't seem to locate one specific to my problem, so here goes.

in addition to VW being kind of fussy in general about fonts, i'm having this problem now that's driving me ape.

i work on a new intel iMac (aluminum bezel) and also at home on an older intel iMac (white model) both of which are running the latest leopard update as well as VW2008-Arch. any time i bring a file home from the office, the file loads with all text in DESDEMONA!!! with 6-8 sheets per drawing, and multiple annotation protocols, and groups on sheet layers and in design layers, it's so time consuming to be constantly adjusting the fonts. and why desdemona of all things?

also, not font related, but sometimes the transfer of files from one machine to another also messes with transparencies that i have meticulously setup on sheet layers.

any thoughts on either of these problems??

thanks.

Try using FontBook to disable that Desdemona & other font of little import & usage.

Use Onyx or Cocktail to check system issues and delete the caches for you.

Check to see that both your User Font Directories are similar for both computers

/Users/username/Library/Fonts ... You can copy & replace the directory.

The transparency issue is probably Quartz and Quicktime related.

so i had a chance to play with this problem some more, and it persists.

i edited the font mapping settings, no help.

a file with meticulously edited transparencies looks fine on my work machine, and when i brought it home to work on it there, all the transparencies became 100% again.

quartz imaging is ON. should it not be? it says it helps with transparencies. how can this be quicktime related?